Tuesday 25 March 2014

Profession by chance.

Never did i ever mention about my course in my blog. Had i? It hasn't been, until today now. May be only the name to the right side of my page under profile description.

Let me first give a brief introduction of what type of white apron i'm wearing, followed by how i landed in it, not by choice of course, it was purely by chance. Medical Laboratory Technology, a degree of three and half year course. It was two years, 10 months and 4 days back, on 25th of february, 2011, that my fate got sealed with the world of laboratory, to be joining the community of bacterias, microorganisms and be friend with the body fluids that are controlling our daily activities. In 2011, in undergraduate scholarship merit ranking, i was assigned the rank of 70th( very proud), of course i was proud, among 6000 students who appeared for BHSEC in 2010, i got be  there at least. Actually, i excluded the the students who took both maths and biology..:P..i wonder where i will reach then. 

Fate or the fruit of hard work, i don't know, but luckily i was the last one to be selected under the biology field. The seats were all marked red and biology doors were closed after me. Just before 5 minutes of entering inside the selection chamber, i had, by chance, had this profession in my mind as  last chance to get scholarship, which the name also, i came to know only 20 minutes before that. I had it. Everything was done and my career was finally decided. 

During pre-primary school, wherever teacher asked what i wanted to be when i grow up, i would always picture the man with spectacles, wearing white coat with head phone(stethoscope: didn't know the name then)  hanging around his neck. My ambition didn't change till class 12 though i addressed it differently then. Instead of Doctor, it was MBBS. But you see, we really never know what would happen. After the examination, i knew i didn't write satisfactorily, but few hopes to expect the unexpected was there. Still then, result had its own way to surprise me. I didn't know whether i was happy or sad when i got my result. I was just glad i would land somewhere anyhow. But again, hopes lit up when i saw the seat of professional course having around 198 and my rank was 70( both maths field and bio field). Competition all over. life is a race, agar bagho ge nahi, toh koi tumse agay nekal jayega mere dost!!! Every one agay and i was the most pichey....last one,...:D.
Inside one of the pages of my primary school note book.What is your ambition?

My dream to go for MBBS remained as dream only  But honestly speaking, now when i think properly, i feel God had it planned all and has given me something of  my capability only. Atleast, i'm in medical field. In my college, there are both Dental and MBBS students. Whenever i see them facing day and night, attached to thick medical anatomy and surgery books, i feel as of millions of catepillars are crawling inside my head. I know i cannot do that and was not meant to do also. Currently, in medical lab tech, i have got three subjects of microbiology, pathology and biochemistry and that too seems too much for me. I am very much glad, it's quite light..:D. 

It was by chance to be in this profession but a feel of acceptance has conquered my mind. With time, when i'm gaining knowledge of how we are surrounded by another world of invisible microorganisms which has great impact in our life, an enthusiasm of learning more grows. How the daily activities that we do correlates to our health. How the mystery of Immunity protects us from the virus of life. How we can outgrow the shield of protection from our body. As i flip the pages of my course, one by one, i see the answers and an appreciation and love towards my own profession grows bigger and bigger. I aspire to specialize in Microbiology and become a capable microbiologist in the future. 

Let me introduce you all to my laboratory family one by one.


This is my best friend. Charo Bacteria. Say hi!!!

This one is ata Virus. Has sucked someone's immunity meal and is totally lazy, like me...:D...

My neighbour aunty E.coli with her husband and kids.:)


They are my PSE gang(Parasite egg gang...)

AND.......


THE BOSS: Hepatitis Singh( Youngest,Tinest brother of Gabar singh..)
He was in Sholay too but because he was so tiny, he couldn't be seen.
hahaha...lol fellas...


No comments:

Post a Comment